Thoughts, notes, observations on the everyday nonsense of American Pop Culture from one of the most not-hip people on the face of the planet...

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

What?

What a stupid move on the part of Fox this weekend to pre-empt its new episodes of “Family Guy” and “American Dad” for the Indy 500.

I, like thousands of others that night, was appalled when I got home from Memorial Day celebrations to find that the only good TV on anymore was preempted by a sport that nobody watches. My Tivo was so lonely en empty.

I daresay there are more FG fans than there are Indy car fans these days. I say the race should have been cut off when it went over. But then again, that would start a dangerous precedent. God knows this summer and fall, we’ll all be wishing for some particularly horrible baseball games to just end already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home