Thoughts, notes, observations on the everyday nonsense of American Pop Culture from one of the most not-hip people on the face of the planet...

Friday, December 02, 2005

A great collaboration

Anyone who saw Thursday's "Daily Show" was given quite a treat. The show had it's first-ever musical performance by none other than the White Stripes. It's as if someone out there knew exactly what I love.

As weird and uncomfortable as the Whites were, the two songs they performed were the best picks from their new album Get Behind Me Satan: "Denial Twist" and "My Doorbell." The sound turned out to be great and really gave them a chance to perform somewhere without awful acoustics (like the Rave Ballroom here in Milwaukee, where I saw them).

What a great surprise! Getting to hear the best album of the year on my favorite show! Amazing how those ad execs can figure my demographic out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home